Tooting Bec SwimRun II
Entries close at 10pm on Thursday 21st September
After the success of the inaugural SwimRun event at Tooting Bec Lido at the beginning of June (as seen in The Guardian) we have decided to bring back the event on Sunday 24th September due to popular demand.
For our first event competitors weren't quite sure what they were signing up for, but were more than willing to throw themselves in to our trial event in this growing multi sport. Second time round it won't be quite so daunting, but it is guaranteed to offer a challenge to everyone whether they are fresh from Otillo, or a SwimRun rookie.
Competitors will alternate between swimming and running completing a total of 1km in the lido and 8.8km around Tooting Common over 4 swims and 4 runs. This will all be professionally chip timed, giving you your time print outs as soon as you've crossed the line, along with your swim and run splits.
This event is open to individuals or teams of two, with everybody completing the entire distance and receiving a special SLSC carabiner! Teams will be required to swim and run together throughout the event, offering support throughout along with a camaraderie rarely fund in other events.
For those new to the SLSC SwimRuns, here are the rules.
- There is no transition. You must return to the finish with the equipment that you started with, you cannot leave items around the course.
- Swimming in your footwear is recommended but you can remove your shoes and transport them in the swim, this could include using a dry bag or float.
- Flotation devices are permitted during the swim, this includes pull buoys and tow floats.
- Use of hand paddles and flippers is allowed.
- You will enter the water feet first. Diving is not permitted.
Online registration will open 6 weeks prior the event date on Sunday 13th August, but please register your interest by clicking the button below, or sign up to our mailing list in the footer (no spam, promise!)