Not long to go now! We do hope you are looking forward to The Broadgate Tower Run Up as much as we are. To help you get the most out of the event here are the final details that you need to know:
Please aim to arrive at least 30 minutes before your start time which is specified on your registration email, and head to the registration desk located in the reception area inside The Broadgate Tower to collet your bib, chip and event t-shirt. There will be a race briefing followed by a group warm up commencing at your chosen wave time.
You will be given a tag to attach to your bag which may be left at registration. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU LEAVE YOUR POSSESSIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
07:00 - Registration Opens
08:00 - VWC Elite Male
08:30 - VWC Elite Female
09:00 - Full Vertical Mile (Wave 1) / Ultimate Challenge
09:30 - Single Climb (Wave 1)
10:00 - 1/4 Vertical Mile (Wave 1)
10:30 - VWC Elite Presentation
11:00 - Single Climb (Wave 2)
11:30 - 1/4 Vertical Mile (Wave 2)
12:00 - Full Vertical Mile (Wave 2)
12:30 - Single Climb (Wave 3)
13:00 - 1/4 Vertical Mile (Wave 3)
14:00 - Family Wave
14:30 - Haki Doku - Wheelchair descent.
- For those taking on the Vertical Mile or Ultimate Challenge you may leave a small, named bag with your nutrition to be taken to the top. Note: Nutrition bags need to be dropped off at registration 30 mins prior to your race start..
- There will also be a space to leave nutrition at the bottom - take this with you to the race start.
- We will provide water, but would be great if you can bring your own bottle to fill, ideally one for the top, one for the bottom to minimise waste.
- 1/4 Vertical Milers have 1 hour to complete the challenge, Vertical Milers will have approximately 3 hours, and Ultimate Challengers 5 hours, but we will be lenient on those who need a little more time.
- Your wave time will be your race briefing time, warm up will take place immediately afterwards, and then you will start the climbing.
- You will be set off at regular intervals to avoid congestion on the stairwell and at the top. We ask people to 'self seed', so those more eager competitors can start nearer the front.
- Once you get to the top see our multi-climb marshal for your nutrition (and receive a red elastic band to help you keep count of your ascents!), and then head back down to the 34th Floor to catch the lift to the bottom - your opportunity to catch your breath!
- Pease listen to marshal instructions at all times as there will be people ascending the final floor as you descend to the lift.
- Once you get to the bottom you are free to continue your climbing when you are ready. Head out of the door adjacent to the downstairs water point, but please be conscious of other people starting their climbs.
- Remember multi-climbing is all about pacing. Don't start too quickly, in fact start slowly, you'll need that energy for subsequent ascents.
There are no formal changing rooms however there are toilets on site located on the ground floor and mezzanine levels of The Broadgate Tower that can be used for changing if necessary. Please try to come ready where possible.
There is no parking available on site. Please aim to arrive by public transport, both Liverpool St Station and Moorgate Tube Station are within easy walking distance of the venue.
Total Motion Towerrunners
For those seeking training opportunities or some words of encouragement or advice, why not join our Facebook community, The Total Motion Towerrunnersfor all things towerrunning related.
Post Race Celebration
If you're looking for somewhere for breakfast or lunch post event, head to The Allegoryon Worship Street, directly behind Broadgate Tower, mention the event and receive 10% off all food and drink.
Best of luck with final preparations and for the day itself, we look forward to welcoming you to The Broadgate Tower Run Up 2019. #TMRunUp2019