After months of preparation we are ready to welcome you to The Broadgate Tower Run Up with the 2018 event set to be our biggest and best yet.
You have most likely already received a final instructions email, but this is to ensure you have all the information you require prior to the event. However, if you still have questions then please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
08:00 - Registration Opens
09:00 - Male VWC Elite Wave
09:30 - Female VWC Elite Wave
10:00 - Vertical Mile
10:30 - 1/4 Vertical Mile (Wave 1)
11:00 - VWC Elite Awards Presentation
11:30 - Individual Single Climb (Wave 1)
12:00 - Individual Single Climb (Wave 2)
12:00 - Firefighters!!
12:30 - Individual Single Climb (Wave 3)
13:00 - Individual Single Climb (Wave 4)
13:00 - 1/4 Vertical Mile (Wave 2)
13:30 - Individual Single Climb (Wave 4)
14:00 - Individual Single Climb & Family Climb
14:30 - Step Jockey Wave
15:00 - Event close
There is no parking available on site. Please aim to arrive by public transport; both Liverpool St Station and Moorgate Tube Station are within easy walking distance of the venue. Please double check travel arrangements, as there are a number of planned strikes.
Please aim to arrive at the main reception of The Broadgate Tower at least 30 minutes before your start time. A group warm up will commence at the start of your given wave time, followed by a race briefing and then the climb.
Please proceed to the main reception of The Broadgate Tower where you can register at the desk and receive your race number (for the front of your top), chip timing tag and bag drop tag.
Please attach the tag from your registration pack to your bag, which may be left at registration. Please note that you may leave just one bag per person and you do so at your OWN RISK.
There are no formal changing rooms however there are toilets on site that can be used for changing if necessary. Please try to come ready where possible.
- For those taking on the Vertical Mile you may leave a small, named bag with your nutrition to be taken to the top. Note: Nutrition bags need to be dropped off at registration by 9:30am. We will provide water.
- There will also be a space to leave nutrition at the bottom - take this with you to the race start.
- Vertical Milers will have approximately 3 hours to complete the challenge, 1/4 Vertical Milers 1 hour, but we will be lenient on those who need a little more time.
- You will be set off at regular intervals to avoid congestion on the stairwell and at the top. We ask people to 'self seed', so those more eager competitors can start nearer the front.
- Once you get to the top see our marshals for your nutrition (and receive a gold star sticker to help you keep count of your ascents!), and then head back down to the 34th Floor to catch the lift to the bottom - your opportunity to catch your breath!
- Please listen to marshal instructions at all times as there will be people ascending the final floor as you descend to the lift.
- Remember multi-climbing is all about pacing. Don't start too quickly, in fact start slowly, you'll need that energy for subsequent ascents!
Prizes & Partners
Prizes from event partners KitBrix and Up & Running will be awarded to the 3 male and female non-elites that post the fastest climb times, whichever category they are participating in. Prize announcements will be made in the post-race results email and shipped to the winners.
As well as giving prizes to our fastest non-elites KitBrix are also offering whopping £50 off their CityBrix bag for collection at the event. Use code totalmotion50
Trampoline fitness crew Jomba will be at our stair climb too,, use code TM for 33% off classes!
Teas and coffees will be available on site, but we encourage you to go to The Allegory behind Broadgate Tower on Worship Street where we have negotiated a 10% discount for all event attendees - Just mention that you are part of 'The Broadgate Tower Run Up' to claim your discount on food and drinks.
Vertical World Circuit / Elites
Please contact us if you have not received your pre-race instructions.
A big thank you to all of the people who have volunteered to help at The Broadgate Tower Run Up, it is very much appreciated. We will be in touch with you separately about arrangements for the day.
Total Motion Towerrunners
For those seeking training opportunities or some words of encouragement or advice, why not join our Facebook community, The Total Motion Towerrunners for all things towerrunning related. In the Facebook group you will also find details of training sessions at Broadgate, prior to the big date, with the last on Tuesday at 6pm. (spaces are limited)
Best of luck with final preparations and for the day itself, we look forward to welcoming you to The Broadgate Tower Run Up 2018. #TMRunUp2018