Tooting Bec Lido SwimRun
SwimRun was back in South West London as Total Motion Events and The South London Swimming Club hosted this exciting multi-sport event at the Tooting Bec Lido this June. This increasingly popular endurance sport is similar to an aquathlon however participants will swim and run multiple times wearing the same kit for both disciplines with no rest in between - there is no transition.
The SwimRun consisted of four runs totalling 8.8km and four swims totalling 1km alternating between Tooting Bec Lido and Tooting Bec Common with four runs and four swims.
- Swimming in your footwear is recommended but you can remove your shoes and transport them in the swim, this could include using a dry bag or float.
- Flotation devices are permitted during the swim, this includes pull buoys and tow floats.
- Use of hand paddles and flippers is allowed.
- You will enter the water feet first. Diving is not permitted.
- You must return to the finish with the equipment that you started with, you cannot leave items around the course.
This event was open to teams and individuals although many people opted to race as a team to replicate standard SwimRun conditions. Competing as a team means swimming and running the whole race together. This enables teammates to offer each other support and help each other in the swim, however it makes it important to choose the right person!